David Hobson – The Live Album
This collection is a long-overdue celebration of the exciting early years of David Hobson’s operatic career.
All of the excerpts (except for La Boheme) appear on CD for the first time…and as an extra bonus there is a chance to hear an excerpt from David’s rock musical Macbeth!
1. Ye people, rend your hearts… If with all your hearts (Elijah)
2. Then shall the righteous shine forth (Elijah)
Sydney Symphony Orchestra conducted by Christopher Hogwood (29/01/1994)
3. Il mio tesoro (Don Giovanni)
Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra conducted by Georgy Fischer (23/01/1991)
4. Un’aura amorosa (Cosi Fan Tutte)
5. Fra gli amplessi in pochi istanti (Cosi Fan Tutte) – with Yvonne Kenny.
Orchestra Victoria conducted by Peter Robinson (28/03/1991)
6. Laissez-vous toucher par mes pleurs (Orphee et Eurydice)
7. J’ai perdu mon Eurydice (Orphee et Eurydice)
Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra conducted by Marco Guidarini (20/09/1993)
8. Take a pair of sparkling eyes (The Gondoliers)
Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra conducted by Dobbs Franks (02/03/1989)
9. Che gelida manina (La Boheme)
10. O soave fanciulla (La Boheme) – with Cheryl Barker
11. Marcello, finalmente! (La Boheme) – with Roger Lemke and Cheryl Barker, soprano
Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra conducted by Julian Smith (25/02/1993)
12. Circles of Light (The Eighth Wonder)
Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra conducted by Richard Gill (20/10/1995)
13. Tomorrow, tomorrow (Macbeth)
Orchestra Victoria conducted by Guy Simpson (1992)