A stunning new compilation released by ABC Classics to coincide with David’s appearances on Channel Seven’s hit TV show, It Takes Two, with supermodel and television personality Erika Heynatz.
Tenor and composer David Hobson is one of Australia’s best known operatic performers. He has sung many roles with Opera Australia including his award-winning performances of Rodolfo in the acclaimed Baz Luhrman production of La Boheme and the role of Orphee in Orphee et Eurydice.
His compositions include a music theatre version of Macbeth, the chamber opera Remembering Rosie, and the soundtrack to the film One Perfect Day, which was named Best Score by the Australian Film Critics Association.
His performances have been distinguished by numerous awards including Operatic Performer of the Year in the MO Awards, Sydney Critic’s Circle Awards for Rodolfo and Orphee, The Age Performing Arts Award for Best Performer in Opera, and an Australian Record Industry Association (ARIA) Award.
Recent engagements have included the title role in Candide at the Perth International Festival, a performance in Canberra for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and numerous concert appearances across Australia and New Zealand.
1. Nella Fantasia (from The Mission)
2. Gloomy Winter (from The Piano)
3. When She Loved Me (from Toy Story 2)
4. Se (from Cinema Paradiso)
5. Ombrai Mai Fu (Handel – Serse)
6. Una Furtiva Lagrima (Donizettti – L’Elisir D’Amore)
7. Au Fond Du Temple Saint (Bizet – The Pearl Fishers)
8. The Rose (from The Rose)
9. In Questa Stanza (Inside This Room)
10. Moon River (from Breakfast At Tiffanys)
11. Silent Worship (Handel – Tolomeo)
12. Che Gelida Manina (Puccini – La Boheme)
13. When Loves Come By (from Il Postino)
14. J’ai Perdu Mon Eurydice (Gluck – Orphee et Eurydice)
15. Corpus Christi Carol (Britten – A Boy Is Born)
16. And I Love Her (from A Hard Day’s Night)
17. Calling You (from Bagdad Cafe)
18. Tomorrow, Tomorrow (Hobson – Macbeth)
Australian tenor and composer David Hobson is one of Australia’s best known operatic and recording artists. He has sung many roles for Opera Australia and both state and international opera companies, including his award winning performances of Rodolfo (La Boheme) and the title role in Orphee.